Thursday, May 26, 2005

Raise the Roof


raisetheroof
Originally uploaded by davejh23.
From this day forward I would like to take the following things off the table...

Phrases such as:

"Party Hearty" (...or any other variation such as "Are you ready to par-taay?")

"It's all good" (I think it is safe to say that we all have had enough of that.)

"Ain't no thang"

"Don't take my picture...I'll break your camera" (Serious business...please stop saying this to me...and all other photographers)

"Now that's what I'm talking about."

"Show me the money!" (You had me at hello...now shut-up already)

"You go girl!"

There are also a few gestures I would suggest be retired...

Raising the roof - 1993 is on the phone...they want their dance back.

High fives - Ok...off of the athletic field...I don't want to high five you after someone cracks a funny joke. As Seinfeld put it, "Slapping hands is the lowest form of male primate ritual. In fact, even some of them have moved on - they're doing sign language now. "

The peace sign - I don't know why this bugs me so bad...but it just does. If you feel so compelled to do something with your hands when having your candid photo made...simply put them in your pockets.

Other than that....I'm not bothered by much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home