Saturday, April 23, 2005

Wingman


Wingman
Originally uploaded by davejh23.
Well in case it wasn't already obvious I am working in Ohio. I snagged this picture while the flight attendant wasn't looking...all electronic devices should have been turned off by this time.

I always forget when I am up north that I have a thick southern accent. This is until someone points it out to me...and they always do. In the previous post I talked about the spider that I found in my bed while at another hotel (we changed hotels for obvious reasons). When I went to the front desk I told the lady that I needed to change rooms because I had a spider in my bed and ants in the floor near the bed. She told the other employee with her..."He needs to change rooms because he has ants and a spot on the bed". Having repeated myself to her already I realized what had happened. I turned to one of the people with me and asked her how to say "spider" in Ohio. The girl said it sounded like I said "spotter". Now honestly...I'm as southern as a roadside produce stand but I did not pronounce it "spotter". You can imagine what happened when I asked the server at the Outback for sweet tea.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger JavaBeanRush said...

I don't even bother with tea unless I'm in the South or make it myself.

"Water, please."

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home