Thursday, June 16, 2005

Call me PawPaw

AARP

You know there are things that happen in your life that make you feel old. Like the time I was teaching an after church teenage class and I used an example that mentioned Rodney King and the L.A. riots. They stared at me blankly...they had no idea what I was talking about. I'm assuming that things like this will happen to me more and more as time goes on...but I really didn't think that 26 was old enough to start expecting discounts on insurance...prescriptions....and vacation packages.

I received my invitation to join the AARP yesterday. The American Association of Retired Persons told me this, "Dear Mr. David J. Higginbotham, Our records show that you haven't yet registered for the benefits of AARP membership, even though you are fully eligible." Maybe they heard my Matlock comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home