Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 19th, 2006

Everyone help me remember that date.

Well the wedding could not have gone any better. There were a few SMALL things that went wrong...but overall we could not have been happier with the results!

My good friends and fellow photographers Gary Cosby Jr. and Emily Saunders documented that awesome day for us and here are a few of my early favorites.

The only time that I cried during the whole event was when I saw Anna at the back of the theatre just before she came down the aisle. I knew that Anna was going to be beautiful...but I was not prepared for just how beautiful. I absolutely LOVE this picture!















Here is an image of me on the phone while I was getting flowered up. I was either calling one of the vocalist....or a Greyhound...I can't remember.















Anna was able to go upstairs with all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids and relax during the hour before the wedding. I....on the other hand....was running crazy trying to tie up last minute loose ends. People kept asking me, "Anna is so calm...why aren't you calm?" I told them that it was because she didn't have anything left to do!















I included this picture of my niece Bree simply because it was so cute. She and her big sister Kate were flower girls for us.















There wound up being around 400 people in attendence. Who knew that we were that popular?...and by "we" I mean Anna.















We really should have kissed longer....you know...until people started to feel uncomfortable.




















We closed off the street in front of the theatre for the reception....it was great!




















The band I play in, "The Flashbacks", played for us under the marquee and there were tables set up all around the front of the theatre.















We hitched a ride in a friends old limousine....I have yet to find out what year it is...but it went with the theatre so well.














The whole thing...start to finish...took 3 hours. It seemed like 15 minutes.

I have tons of stories and photos from the honeymoon....some of which I will share on this blog in the weeks to come. Here's a preview....

* 20oz filet mignon
*• 1980's band "Poison" guitarist C.C. Deville
*• Uncomfortable room service attendants
* Uncomfortable room service recipients
*• My gross overusage of the 'thumbs up' gesture



5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, all that time and effort for maybe a couple of things you actually remember. I remember our cakes being ruined. The ceremony itself was a blur, maybe I sold my sole to the devil and recited the preamble to the constitution. Can't remember.

But dude, she's beautiful. You are a lucky guy. Glad everything went well and looking forward to hearing all about it.

~Jef

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Bart said...

I laughed... I cried... can't wait to hear the stories.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG. Fabulous.

Anna did look gorgeous!!! You are a lucky, lucky man! Although admittedly you clean up pretty dang good yourself!

I like steak.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to see more pictures. But, from just these few I can tell it was just the perfect day.

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow.. I love your wedding.. What a fab idea to have it in an old theatre and then to block off the stree in front for the reception awesome.. so creative and I bet so fun. Congrats to you and your lovely wife.. I found your blog through Nate and Jaclyn.. Will have to read more of your stuff.. so fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home