Sunday, May 01, 2005

Wow the rain

We went to the Beale Street Music Festival on Friday night and before I knew it I was gathering animals two by two. I never can remember though which ones are "clean" and which ones are "unclean". But seriously...wow the rain.

I bought Anna a rain suit and I dug one out that had been buried in my trunk since my newspaper days. Back then keeping myself dry was simply an afterthought.....making sure my gear didn't short out and leave me high and un-dry come deadline time was my top priority. So it was nice for a change just worrying about keeping myself dry. I even bought a pair of rubber/steel toed rain boots. Well we both suffered some sort of lapse when it came time to suit up. We put on the rain suits but talked ourselves out of the rain boots. This was a decision we both would soon regret. Ok...so we are in the middle of a monsoon...watching Gavin DeGraw...feet soaking wet but everything else was dry...right?

After finally deciding that we had experienced enough we headed back to the car to peel out of rain suits and head back up Union Avenue. This is the part of the evening where I learned a lesson via "the hard way". Sometimes rain suits...especially those left in hot/cold cars over the period of several years....develop weaknesses. I wasn't soaked...but I was way too damp for someone who had been covered from head to toe in water resistant material. As you can imagine....Anna was dry as a bone.

Overheard from a pothead fan to another fan up front. -- "Hey Mary Poppins! Move your stupid umbrella!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home