Friday, March 03, 2006

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail




















I guess it is a long standing fact that a lot of brilliant artist are never widely recognized. Some never achieve fame until they die. It's sad...but true. But I'm going to at least turn on the 3 or 4 of you who read this blog to someone whose music you should have in your CD player right now. Paul Thorn is a singer/songwriter from Tupelo, MS. You can read his bio here.

Thorn is a good singer...a good guitar player...but an incredible songwriter and storyteller. Some of his songs have made me laugh hysterically...and others have actually brought me to tears....big masculine man tears.

This isn't folksy, pot smoking music. It's hard driving rock beats, funky soul, and beautiful ballads delivered as if coming from a road side tent revival.


We went to see him last night in Huntsville. In my mind the place was going to be packed...but it reality...not so much. I just hope that someday he will get the national acclaim that he deserves. Check him out...you'll love it.

By the way...I will ruin a picture with a double-chin display.






1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Java Boo Boo said...

I got a MS invite a week or so ago... when are you playing at The Brick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home