Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I got robbed by a little old lady in a motorized cart!

We had already played 4 games of basketball last night and were on our last game. I got a rebound and rolled my ankle. I was convinced that I had broken it. There was a loud pop...and I could not move it.

If you are offended by nasty feet and/or disfigured joints...you may not want to scroll down.






































Anna took me to the emergency room. Four and a half hours later...they wheeled me out. Now after four hours...I had become the loud patient and began wondering aloud about how long it took them to look at 4 x-rays...wrap my ankle...and send me home.




















Anna had snapped and began stealing from the linen closet. Apparently my request for two pillows (3 hours ago) to prop my leg up on was considered a luxury and therefore ignored by the staff. I digress.

We went to the orthopedic doctor this morning. I did find out that the quickest way back to a room is to have your blood pressure drop sharply from not eating before taking pain pills. After I regained feeling in my hands and chest the doctor came in and read my x-rays. It turns out it's not broken. I just sprained the fool out of it.

We stopped by the grocery store on the way back to my house to get some food. It was there I experienced something new. I was "that guy" in the motorized shopping cart. Click on the middle of this picture and watch a little video of our afternoon.

















By the way....I apologize for the nasty toes above...needless to say I wasn't expecting other people to be seeing them.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Misti said...

yeeeooouch!!! that looks painful.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bart said...

Dude! Sorry you are handicapped. I know rolling your ankle hurts like a mother.

Way to jump right on that grocery moto cart. Guess you get the handicapped parking space privilege too?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...that is just no kind for right. The foot picture...

Your web-site hates me....or Blogger's still acting up...I couldn't check out the cool footage (no pun intended).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home