Thursday, May 18, 2006

Quick Poll

With all respect to Rick and Bubba and their quick poll...I have one of my own.

On my website I have a photo of myself in the "contact info" area. Now in theory this is the photo of myself that I am presenting to potential customers. This is the face I want them to see and think, "Wow this guy looks like somebody I would like to hire!" Now....in the spirit of laying it all out there...I did take this photo myself. I needed a new photo...and was home alone...I had no other choice. I was relatively pleased...not blown away mind you...but I was okay with it. Then Anna walked by and saw the picture for the first time. When she stopped laughing I asked her what was wrong with it. She claims that I look like a pedophile. As you can imagine...that isn't the look I was shooting for.

So I need your opinion....to all of my blog readers....both of you....please give me your thoughts on whether or not I should re-shoot this image.















Thanks in advance!

5 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger THE J Mo said...

Hmmm...

So there's Pedo-Dave and Photo-Dave. The photo itself looks good but might be leaning a bit too much to the serious side. You don't look "fun" in this photo.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bart said...

LOL... Anna Anna Anna

I wasn't thinking pedophile... but it did strike me that I have never seen you so serious.

Say "cheese" and smile

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Yeah, I like your smile.

But I wouldn't say "pedophile."

;)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Alright...dead serious? I like the profile pic you have on this site. No, you don't look all serious and pedophile-like (which you weren't going for anyway!)...I think it's cool, creative and fun.

But that's just me...or then again I might think you were some psycho-killer and I'm sure that's not what you're going for either. I think I like the profile pic b/c I've been reading for awhile and "know" you and appreciate the silly shot.

Alright...new pictures for us to critique...you might consider a photo booth... ;) (ducking)

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave I had no idea that Anna was going to turn you into a PR conscious person. Maybe you should have gone into PR instead of photography. Or better yet do both?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home