Friday, September 22, 2006

I heart Dan

We have a local meteorologist named Dan Satterfield. Quite frankly he's nuts.





But...he's the guy I want to be watching if there is severe weather...like right now. He uses meteorological lingo in a way that will bring a tear to your eye. For isntance...he has just spotted a mezocyclone. I'm not sure...but I would be willing to bet that a bow hook echo is nearby that mezocyclone. He works Doppler Armor like Bob Ross worked a canvas. A lot of people don't like watching him...they think he uses sensationalism to deliver the weather. Personally I appreciate the passion by which he presents his weathercast. Now...he may predict my death...as he did one full day before a particular outbreak of storms...but he's still #1 in my book.

I guess I'll go....I'm about to miss an explanation of what an updraft has to do with the velocity of this impending super cell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home