Monday, October 24, 2005

What time does the courthouse open?




















Well after almost five years together...minus the obligatory 6 month break-up...Anna and I got engaged late last week. I had a former co-worker of mine set up a bogus photo session in the warehouse of the newspaper where I worked when Anna and I first met. I then showed a video of images from the night we met. Anna was a senior in high school when I was assigned to go to her house and make her portrait for a story involving her. Almost exactly a year later we struck up a conversation on AOL Instant Messenger and five years later she's picking out china.














Folks immediately begin asking us, "When's the big date?" I ask them what time the courthouse opens on Monday morning....and they always laughed. What's so funny?













If you guys need me I'll be reciting "That's fine dear" and "Whatever you want is okay with me" until it sounds believable.

6 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kami said...

CONGRATS!!!!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger loelsh said...

Congratulations!!!

BTW, that ring looks almost exactly like my engagement ring! Nice choice!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger That dude Paul said...

Congrats man!

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Congrats and beautiful ring!

Hey, we did the courthouse thing...sure saves money that could be used for things other than ice sculptures and over-priced flowers (that will die anyway no matter how much you spend on them).

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Bart said...

I thought you guys were already hitched!
Couldn't happen to two nicer humans. Congratulations... It is a win-win situation!

P.S. Also recite these until they are instinctive:
"You're hair looks fantastic!"
and
"No, those pants don't make your butt look big"

(but I'm sure you've already mastered those)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Congrats!

Love her rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home