Monday, November 28, 2005

Forever young!

I'm enjoying my first cold of the winter season. So I thought I would attempt to soothe my throat by pouring myself a cup of coffee. The only other significant coffee intake I have ever experienced was while covering the 1998 Music City Bowl or as I like to refer to it...the Hypothermia Bowl. With a wind chill of 14 degrees I was willing to drink anything that might save my extremities. Wow I digress. Anyway I have always claimed that I can still cling to my youth if I abstain from enjoying coffee. In my mind adults enjoy coffee. Your Paw-Paw enjoys coffee. The boss enjoys coffee. Youthful, vibrant people don't enjoy coffee...at least in my mind. Well after having about 4 sips of my cup-o-joe I realized that I am still a yute (see "My Cousin Vinny") How do you people drink this stuff? My apologies to Juan Valdez.


By the way...I also learned that although coffee won't cure halitosis...it certainly will advance it.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I would say that anytime our prostate says anything...we should listen.

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How do you people drink this stuff?"

With lots of milk, flavored syrup, and sweetener. I am not ashamed to admit that I like coffee-flavored stuff, not stuff-flavored coffee.

If, however, you need another reason not to like coffee, John Tesh--I guess there's another admission I'm willing to make there--reported that coffee weakens the muscles that keep the acid from creeping from your stomach up into your esophagus. Hello, heartburn!

Then again, if you need another reason to like coffee, it has a bunch of anitoxidants. Bye-bye, cancer!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Bart said...

You people are bumming me out!

Can't we just put our blinders back on and drink coffee til we keel over like our forefathers?

Folgers with some Sweet-n-Low and some of that imitation powdered creamer for me thank you very much.

(btw- I can quit anytime I want)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

You might be on to something with the halitosis comment...

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Eric said...

My old boss would often brag about not drinking coffee. But he would also often fall asleep at his desk, during meetings, etc. A coworker told me the boss had fallen asleep during his job interview!

*THAT* is why I drink coffee. But I do enjoy it as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home